Souhaib Ben Taieb is Associate Professor of Machine Learning in the Department of Computer Science at University of Mons (UMONS) where he leads the Big Data and Machine Learning Lab. He is also an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. He received the Solvay Award for his PhD thesis and various research grants. He is an Associate Editor of the International Journal on Forecasting, and a program committee member of top conferences in machine learning including NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AISTATS and KDD.
Souhaib received a B.Sc and a M.Sc in Computer Science from the Free University of Brussels in Belgium. He also received a Ph.D. in Computer Science with a specialization in machine learning from the same institution. His Ph.D. studies were funded by a Doctoral research fellowship from the Belgian National Fund for Scientific Research (F.R.S.-FNRS ). He was a postdoctoral research fellow in the Spatio-Temporal and Data Science Group at KAUST in Saudi Arabia. For three years, he was a Lecturer in the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics at Monash University in Melbourne (Australia). He was a visiting researcher at several international institutions, including the School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences at Stanford University, and the Said Business School at University of Oxford.
- Victor Dheur, Souhaib Ben Taieb (2023) A Large-Scale Study of Probabilistic Calibration in Neural Network Regression. Proceedings of the 40th International Conference on Machine Learning, PMLR 202, 2023.. Abstract Arxiv
- Kin G. Olivares, Federico Garza, David Luo, Cristian Challú, Max Mergenthaler, Souhaib Ben Taieb, Shanika L. Wickramasuriya, Artur Dubrawski (2023) HierarchicalForecast - A Reference Framework for Hierarchical Forecasting in Python. Abstract Arxiv
- Souhaib Ben Taieb (2022) Learning Quantile Functions for Temporal Point Processes with Recurrent Neural Splines. Proceedings of the 25 th International Conference on Artiﬁcial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS) 2022, Valencia, Spain. PMLR, Volume 151.. Abstract pdf
- Fotios Petropoulos, et al. (2022) Forecasting: theory and practice. International Journal of Forecasting.. Abstract Arxiv
- Souhaib Ben Taieb and Kathryn S. Taylor (2022) Commentary on “Transparent modelling of influenza incidence”: On big data models for infectious disease forecasting. Abstract Online